King’s College Chapel Cambridge

King's College Chapel in the centre of this picture was founded in 1441 by Henry VI.  The building of the college's chapel, begun in 1446, was finally finished in 1544 during the reign of Henry VIII.

It is regarded as one of the greatest examples of late Gothic English architecture. It has the world's largest fan-vault, and the chapel's stained-glass windows and wooden chancel screen are considered some of the finest from their era.